Gunderson Dettmer Recognized by PitchBook as Most Active VC Law Firm in Latin America for Q1 2022
PitchBook Data released its Q1 2022 Global League Tables recognizing Gunderson Dettmer as the #1 VC Law Firm Globally. In addition, the PitchBook database confirms that Gunderson handled more venture and growth equity transactions in Latin America for the first quarter of 2022 than any other law firm in the world.
According to PitchBook, the 37 financings handled by Gunderson Dettmer in Latin America included 37 companies, 256 investors, and $3.42B raised for the most promising companies in the region.
"Although market conditions have changed since 2021, Gunderson’s clients in Latin America had a strong start to the year, and venture fundraising in the region remained robust. We are proud to serve many of the most transformative emerging companies in Latin America, and remain committed to the continued growth and market leadership of our Latin America Practice," said Dan Green, Co-head of the Latin America practice.
Of particular note, among numerous early-stage and late-stage financings focused on Latin America:
- Gunderson Dettmer represented Betterfly, a Chilean insurance-tech platform, in its $125 million Series C financing led by Glade Brook Capital
- Gunderson Dettmer represented client 99minutos, a Mexico-based company specializing in low cost and same-day delivery of online shopping products, in its $82 million Series C financing led by OAK HC/FT with participation from Kaszek and Prosus Ventures
- Gunderson Dettmer represented client Movile as it led the $17 million Series B financing of a55, a developer of a financial underwriting platform
- Gunderson Dettmer represented client Contabilizei, a Brazil-based online accounting platform, in its $63.2 million Series C financing led by SoftBank
- Gunderson Dettmer represented Technisys, a Buenos Aires-headquartered, cloud-native banking platform, in its acquisition by SoFi Technologies