Steve focuses on working with high-profile,venture-backed companies.
Steve counsels venture-backed companies on a broad range of legal and business issues relating to their governance, day-to-day affairs and corporate transactions, including financings, M&A and strategic partnerships.
Steve’s company clients span across a wide range of industries, including biotechnology, healthcare services, e-commerce, online media and advertising, financial technology and enterprise software.
Steve has recently served as lead counsel on several recent high-profile M&A and financing transactions, including:
- Flipkart’s $16 billion acquisition by Wal-Mart, reported to be the most highly-valued e-commerce M&A deal in world history
- Multiple rounds of financing for Oscar Health, including Alphabet’s recent $375 million investment
- Souq’s $580 million acquisition by Amazon
- Trello’s $425 million acquisition by Atlassian
- Tumblr’s $1.1 billion acquisition by Yahoo! Inc.
- The strategic transaction integrating Reliance Industries’ Jio Music with client Saavn where the combined entity is valued at more than $1 billion
- Columbia University School of Law, J.D.
- James Kent Scholar
- Articles Editor for the Columbia-VLA Journal of Law & the Arts
- Teaching and Research Fellow in Contracts for Professor E. Allan Farnsworth
- Princeton University, B.S.E., Civil Engineering and Operations Research
- cum laude