Returning to the Workplace VC Survey Report
Gunderson Dettmer is pleased to announce its Returning to the Workplace Survey Report. This report summarizes the data gathered from over 250 VC firms.
Below are the key takeaways, a link to the survey results, and a recent client alert on how employers can prepare for a return to the workplace.
Key Trends: Remote Work
- Nearly half of firms have offices open, but on-site presence is optional.
- One-third of firms are fully remote; however, nearly 60%of firms plan to have a hybrid model in the future.
- The most common type of hybrid model requires employees to come into the office at least 2 times per week.
Key Trends: Vaccination
- About half of the firms will be mandating employee vaccinations under some circumstances.
- About 15% of firms are still deciding their vaccination plans.
- About half of firms will be requiring proof, a majority will do so by collecting copies of the vaccination cards or similar record.
Key Trends: Future Plans
- A majority of firms are not mandating return to the workplace and plan to keep a hybrid or fully remote model indefinitely, that is the "new normal."
- Only 7% of companies allow or plan to allow non-vaccinated employees to submit weekly proof of a negative COVID-19 test. 54% will not allow this, while the remainder are still deciding.