Returning to the Workplace Company Survey Results
October 25, 2021 – Insights
Gunderson Dettmer is pleased to announce its Returning to the Workplace Survey Report. This Report summarizes the data gathered from over 230 companies in the venture-backed startup ecosystem. The results were presented at the National Venture Capital Association, Strategic Operations and Policy Summit Return to the Workplace panel on Thursday, October 21, 2021.
Below are the key takeaways, a link to the survey results, and a recent client alert on how employers can prepare for a return to the workplace.
Key Trends: Remote Work
- A majority of companies are either fully remote or, if their offices are open, employee on-site presence is optional
- About half of companies plan to be permanently remote and distributed
- Another one-third of companies plan to have a hybrid model
Key Trends: Vaccination
- Approximately 55% of companies will be mandating employee vaccinations under some circumstances
- About 20% of companies are still deciding their vaccination plans
- 50% will be requiring proof, a majority will do so by collecting copies of the vaccination cards or similar record
Key Trends: Future Plans
- Only 11% of companies allow or plan to allow non-vaccinated employees to submit weekly proof of a negative COVID-19 test. 50% will not allow for this, while the remainder are still deciding
- A majority of companies are not mandating return to the workplace and plan to keep a hybrid or fully remote model indefinitely
See the Survey Results and Return to the Workplace Alert here.