Gunderson Dettmer’s India and Southeast Asia Practice Recognized as PitchBook’s Most Active VC Law Firm for the First Half of 2022
Gunderson Dettmer continues to earn top rankings as the #1 Venture Capital Law Firm Globally in Pitchbook’s Q2 2022 Interactive Global League Tables. PitchBook’s database confirms Gunderson Dettmer handled more venture and growth equity transactions in India and Southeast Asia for the first half of 2022 than any other law firm in the world. A closer look into the Gunderson Dettmer PitchBook profile can be found here.
In the first six months of 2022, the deals handled by Gunderson Dettmer included over 64 companies with over 400 investors, and more than $4.2 billion was raised for the most promising companies in the region. This recognition further demonstrates the region’s rapid market growth and the leadership of our India and Southeast Asia venture practice.
“Venture capital firms are raising record funds to invest in Southeast Asia and India startups and we saw a steady deal flow in Q2 2022. We are very proud to represent so many cutting-edge emerging companies and investors, and are committed to supporting the continued growth of the venture ecosystems in this region,” said Jonathan Pentzien, Managing Partner of the Singapore office.
Of particular note, among numerous early stage and late stage financings focused on India and Southeast Asia:
- Gunderson Dettmer represented client Lightspeed India as an investor in the $21 million Series B financing of Nextbillion.ai, a Singapore-based artificial intelligence enterprise platform focused on hyperlocal solutions.
- Gunderson Dettmer represented client Ribbit Capital as it led the $30 million Series C financing of Coins.ph, a Philippines-based fiat and crypto wallet services provider.
- Gunderson Dettmer represented client Pintu, an Indonesia-based cryptocurrency platform, in its $113 million Series B financing raised from Intudo Ventures, Lightspeed Venture Partners, Northstar Group, and Pantera Capital.
- Gunderson Dettmer represented client Orange Health, an India-based health-tech startup, in its $25 million Series B financing led by Bertelsmann India Investments and General Catalyst, with participation from Accel, Y Combinator, Good Capital, and Uncorrelated Ventures.
- Gunderson Dettmer represented client Loop Health, an India-based healthcare, and insurance startup, in its $25 million Series B financing. The financing was co-led by General Catalyst and Elevation Capital, with participation by Khosla Ventures, Sierra Ventures, and Optum Ventures.
- Gunderson Dettmer represented client Super, an Indonesia-based social commerce platform, in its $70 million Series C financing led by New Enterprise Associates. Super is the first consumer technology company in Indonesia backed by Y Combinator.
In the first half of 2022, Gunderson Dettmer closed more venture capital deals globally than any other law firm in PitchBook’s Q2 2022 Interactive Global League Tables. This result reflects Gunderson Dettmer’s continued market leadership in the venture capital marketplace and reinforces previous recognition as the most active law firm in the world every year since 2014.
Gunderson Dettmer is the preeminent international law firm with an exclusive focus on the innovation economy. The firm serves market-leading venture capital and growth equity investors and pioneering companies through inception, growth and maturity, as well as groundbreaking public companies that result from the global venture capital ecosystem. The firm’s clear-cut focus and well-honed technical skill enables an accelerated pace and unmatched efficiency, delivering best-in-class value at each phase of a client’s business.