Gunderson Dettmer Recognized by PitchBook as Most Active VC Law Firm in Latin America for the 1st Half of 2022
Gunderson Dettmer is recognized as the #1 Venture Capital Law Firm Globally by PitchBook in the release of its Q2 2022 Interactive Global League Tables. The PitchBook database confirms Gunderson handled more venture and growth equity transactions in Latin America than any other law firm in the world for the first half of 2022. A deeper dive into the Gunderson Dettmer PitchBook profile can be found here.
According to PitchBook, the financings handled by Gunderson Dettmer in Latin America included over 54 companies, more than 300 investors and over $2.5 billion raised for the most promising companies in the region. This ranking further demonstrates the leadership of our Latin America practice and the region’s continued market growth.
“Gunderson has a longstanding commitment to Latin America having done work in the region since 2005 and understands the cyclicality of markets. We are fortunate to represent many best-in-class startups and venture capital funds in the region that are well-positioned to take advantage of opportunities ahead, and remain committed to assisting our clients with these opportunities,” said Dan Green, Co-leader of the Latin America practice.
Below are details on several noteworthy transactions in 2022 among numerous early stage and late stage transactions focused on Latin America:
- Gunderson Dettmer represented client Treinta,a platform that enables businesses to digitize, monitor, and grow their business finances, in its $46 million Series A financing, one of the largest Series A financings for a Latin American company.
- Gunderson Dettmer represented client Xepelin,a provider of digital financial services, in its $111 million Series B financing led by Avenir and Kaszek, which represents the largest Series B financing in Chile to date.
- Gunderson Dettmer represented client Solfácil,a company that provides credit lines for installing solar energy, in its $100 million Series C financing led by QED with participation by the Softbank Group, VEF, and Valor Capital.
- Gunderson Dettmer represented client Jüsto,an online supermarket delivery-only grocery store chain, in its $152 million Series B financing led by General Atlantic.
- Gunderson Dettmer represented client Nowports,a digital freight forwarder platform, in its $150 million Series C financing led by Softbank which brought the company valuation to $1.1 billion.
“Despite more challenging market conditions in 2022, we continue to see a steady stream of investments in Latin American technology companies, especially earlier stage companies. This bolsters our continued confidence in the long-term prospects for the region, while we help our clients navigate today’s choppy waters, especially from our newly opened office in Sao Paulo, Brazil,” said Brian Hutchings, Co-leader of the Latin America practice.
These first half results reflect Gunderson Dettmer’s continued market leadership in the venture capital marketplace and reinforces previous recognition as the most active law firm in the world every year since 2014.