Gunderson Dettmer Recognized as PitchBook’s 2022 Most Active VC Law Firm in India and Southeast Asia
Gunderson Dettmer is recognized as the #1 Venture Capital Law Firm Globally by PitchBook in the release of its Annual Global League Tables for the ninth consecutive year. PitchBook also confirms that in 2022, Gunderson Dettmer handled more venture and growth equity transactions in India and Southeast Asia than any other law firm in the world, more than twice the number of venture capital deals handled by other similarly ranked firms based in Singapore.
According to PitchBook, the publicly announced financings handled by Gunderson Dettmer in India and Southeast Asia included over 90 companies, more than 540 investors and over $6 billion raised for the most promising companies in the region.
“Since the opening of our Singapore office in 2016, our team has consistently been advising on some of the most significant and landmark transactions in India and Southeast Asia. Despite macroeconomic headwinds, the startup ecosystems in the region continue to demonstrate resilience and growth. We are committed to helping founders and investors navigate these challenging times,” said Jonathan Pentzien, Managing Partner of the Singapore Office.
Below are details on several noteworthy transactions in 2022 among numerous early stage and late stage financings focused on India and Southeast Asia:
- Gunderson Dettmer represented Asia Partners as it led the $80 million Series F financing of ShopBack, a Singapore-based shopping and rewards platform.
- Gunderson Dettmer represented Pintu, an Indonesia-based cryptocurrency platform, in its $113 million Series B financing raised from Intudo Ventures, Lightspeed Venture Partners, Northstar Group and Pantera Capital.
- Gunderson Dettmer represented Orange Health, a Bengaluru-based health-tech startup, in its $25 million Series B financing led by Bertelsmann India Investments and General Catalyst.
- Gunderson Dettmer represented Ayoconnect, Southeast Asia’s largest open finance platform, in its $15 million Series B financing led by Tiger Global and subsequent Series B extension led by SIG.
- Gunderson Dettmer represented Loop Health, an India-based healthcare and insurance startup, in its $25 million Series B financing co-led by General Catalyst and Elevation Capital.
- Gunderson Dettmer represented Prosus, as it co-led the $37 million Series A financing of Virgio, an India-based fashion-tech startup and fast fashion brand.
Gunderson Dettmer’s Singapore office which serves as the hub for our India and Southeast Asia practice, is consistently recognized as the "most active venture capital law firm" in India and Southeast Asia by Pitchbook's Global League Tables, and top-ranked in The Legal 500 Asia-Pacific, Chambers Asia-Pacific and the India Business Law Journal.