Gunderson Dettmer Ranked Band 1 in Startups & Emerging Companies by Chambers Asia-Pacific
Gunderson Dettmer’s Singapore office continues to earn top rankings for Startups & Emerging Companies (Singapore) in the newly released Chambers and Partners Asia-Pacific 2024 guide. Singapore managing partner Jonathan Pentzien is ranked a Band 1 Leading Individual for the fourth consecutive year, and partner David He, who was newly ranked Up and Coming in 2023, moved up to Band 5.
In the Asia-Pacific 2024 guide, our Singapore partners and team received the following client feedback:
- Jonathan Pentzien - “He leads his peers in his availability and just being able to give the answer and tell you to your face if something is not right. He knows what is standard from seeing other deals, which is very helpful.”
- Jonathan Pentzien - “One of the best lawyers I have worked with.”
- David He - “He provides excellent client service, is practical and ultimately acts as a strategic adviser in addition to a legal adviser.”
- “Gunderson Dettmer have deep industry insights and understand the complexities from both a company and an investor standpoint. They have closed hundreds of cross-border deals and therefore have seen almost every aspect of negotiation angles.”
- “The team has high commitment and execution chops, along with a top-tier ability to manage complexities and ensure our interests are safeguarded.”
Gunderson Dettmer – with over 400 lawyers across 11 offices in key venture markets throughout the world – is the preeminent international law firm with an exclusive focus on the innovation economy. Our Singapore office which serves as the hub for our India and Southeast Asia practice, is consistently recognized as the "most active venture capital law firm" in India and Southeast Asia by Pitchbook's Global League Tables, and top-ranked in Chambers Asia-Pacific and the India Business Law Journal.