Gina is a technology transactions partner in our Silicon Valley office.
Gina specializes in corporate partnering, strategic alliances, technology protection, licensing and commercialization of intellectual property and technology assets, and advising venture capitalists and companies on intellectual property and technology aspects of venture capital financings and merger and acquisition activities.
Gina has represented start-up/emerging growth companies in negotiating major corporate partnering deals, strategic alliances, and licensing arrangements with many large U.S. and international companies, including Amazon, Amgen, Becton-Dickinson, Bristol-Myers Squibb, Coca-Cola, Century Link, Diageo, First Data, Genentech, Johnson and Johnson, Master Card, Merck, Procter and Gamble, Roche, Sing-Tel, and Teva.
Gina’s practice focuses on a broad array of technologies, including pharmaceuticals, software, hardware, e-commerce, media, mobile and tablet applications, and educational technology. She assists clients with website and application terms and conditions and privacy policies, end user license agreements, support and maintenance agreements, SaaS offerings, promotion and marketing agreements, collaboration and development agreements, distribution agreements, clinical research organization agreements, evaluation and beta testing agreements, and a variety of other in- and out-licensing deals.
- Represented True North Therapeutics since incorporation, through multiple financings raising $142 million, and in its $825 million acquisition by Bioverativ in 2017
- Represented Krux in its acquisition by Salesforce for $700 million
- Represented Flexus Biosciences since formation and in its $1.2 billion acquisition by Bristol Myers Squibb
- Represented CAPP Medical in its acquisition by Roche
- Represented Advanced Cell Diagnostics in its acquisition by Bio-Techne for $325 million
- Represented Polyvore in its acquisition by Yahoo!
- Represented iPierian in its acquisition by Bristol-Byers Squibb for $725 million
- Represented Caviar in its acquisition by Square
- Represented Open Monoclonal Technology in its acquisition by Ligand for $178 million
- Represented Open Monoclonal Technology in numerous partnering deals with pharmaceutical companies, including Teva, Janssen, Amgen, Seattle Genetics, Celgene, Merck, Symphogen, and Roche
- Represented Gamefly in sale of its cloud streaming assets to EA
- Represented PlutoTV in its acquisition by Viacom for $340 million
- Represented Edmodo in its acquisition by NetDragon for $137.5 million
- Represented Plaid in its acquisition of Quovo
- Represented TeneoBio in license of its antibodies to:
- Represented Go Therapeutics in its $195 million license agreement with Roche
- Represented ARMO BioSciences since incorporation in 2012, through multiple financing rounds raising
$295 million, its IPO in 2018 and then its $1.6 billion acquisition by Eli Lilly several months later
- University of California, Los Angeles, School of Law, J.D.
- University of California, Berkeley, B.A., Religious Studies
- High Distinction in General Scholarship
The Recorder 2017 Women Leaders in Tech Law