Gina is an intellectual property partner in our Silicon Valley office.
Gina specializes in corporate partnering, strategic alliances, technology protection, licensing and commercialization of intellectual property and technology assets, and advising venture capitalists and companies on intellectual property and technology aspects of venture capital financings and merger and acquisition activities.
Gina has represented start-up/emerging growth companies in negotiating major corporate partnering deals, strategic alliances, and licensing arrangements with many large U.S. and international companies, including Amazon, Amgen, Becton-Dickinson, Bristol-Myers Squibb, Coca-Cola, Century Link, Diageo, First Data, Genentech, Johnson and Johnson, Master Card, Merck, Procter and Gamble, Roche, Sing-Tel, and Teva.
Gina’s practice focuses on a broad array of technologies, including pharmaceuticals, software, hardware, e-commerce, media, mobile and tablet applications, and educational technology. She assists clients with website and application terms and conditions and privacy policies, end user license agreements, support and maintenance agreements, SaaS offerings, promotion and marketing agreements, collaboration and development agreements, distribution agreements, clinical research organization agreements, evaluation and beta testing agreements, and a variety of other in- and out-licensing deals.
- Represented True North in its acquisition by Bioverativ for $825 million
- Represented Krux in its acquisition by Salesforce for $700 million
- Represented Flexus in its acquisition by Bristol-Myers Squibb for $1.25 billion
- Represented CAPP Medical in its acquisition by Roche
- Represented Advanced Cell Diagnostics in its acquisition by Bio-Techne for $325 million
- Represented Polyvore in its acquisition by Yahoo!
- Represented iPierian in its acquisition by Bristol-Byers Squibb for $725 million
- Represented Caviar in its acquisition by Square
- Represented Open Monoclonal Technology in its acquisition by Ligand for $178 million
- Represented Open Monoclonal Technology in numerous partnering deals with pharmaceutical companies, including Teva, Janssen, Amgen, Seattle Genetics, Celgene, Merck, Symphogen, and Roche
- Represented Gamefly in sale of its cloud streaming assets to EA
- Represented PlutoTV in its acquisition by Viacom for $340 million
- Represented Edmodo in its acquisition by NetDragon for $137.5 million
- Represented Plaid in its acquisition of Quovo
- Represented TeneoBio in license of its antibodies to:
- Represented Go Therapeutics in license of its antibodies to Roche
- University of California, Los Angeles, School of Law, J.D.
- University of California, Berkeley, B.A., Religious Studies
- High Distinction in General Scholarship
The Recorder 2017 Women Leaders in Tech Law