Andrew chairs the Mergers and Acquisitions practice group.
Andrew works with clients across a broad range of industries, including software, internet, life sciences, telecommunications, networking, hardware, consumer and energy and clean technology.
Andrew has negotiated and completed more than 450 M&A transactions involving technology companies with an aggregate value of more than $150 billion. He has represented numerous venture-backed companies in their sales to publicly-traded buyers such as Adobe, Allergan, Amazon, Apple, AT&T, Autodesk, Bio-Techne, Bioverativ, Cadence, Cisco Systems, eBay, Facebook, F5 Networks, Fifth Third Bank, Fortive, General Electric, GlaxoSmithKline, Google, Home Depot, Invitae, Lilly, LinkedIn, Microsoft, News Corp, Nokia, Oracle, Prosus, Roper Technologies, Royal Dutch Shell, Salesforce, ServiceNow, SoFi, Telstra, VMware, Wal-Mart and Yahoo.
Likewise, prior to joining Gunderson, he represented publicly-traded companies such as Cisco Systems, Flextronics, Intuit, Sony, Square and Symantec in numerous purchases of both publicly-traded and privately-held companies as well as business combinations and divestitures.
Notable transactions include:
- WhatsApp’s acquisition by Facebook for more than $19 billion, the largest acquisition ever of a venture-backed company
- Flipkart’s acquisition by Wal-Mart for $16 billion, reported to be the most highly-valued e-commerce deal ever
- Symantec’s acquisition of Veritas Software for more than $13 billion
- Anaplan’s acquisition by Thoma Bravo for over $10 billion
- Andrew has experience counseling boards of directors in regards to mergers and acquisitions and governance and anti-takeover matters. He also advises venture-capital firms and other investors in M&A transactions involving their portfolio companies.
Prior to joining the firm, Andrew was a partner at Fenwick & West.
- Stanford Law School, J.D.
- Order of the Coif
- University of Virginia, B.A., Economics
- Phi Beta Kappa
Andrew was selected for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America in the field of Mergers & Acquisitions from 2012 – 2023.