Andrew chairs the Mergers and Acquisitions practice group.
Andrew works with clients across a broad range of industries, including software, internet, life sciences, telecommunications, networking, hardware, consumer and energy and clean technology.
Andrew has negotiated and completed more than 300 M&A transactions involving technology companies with an aggregate value of more than $100 billion. He has represented numerous venture-backed companies in their sales to publicly-traded buyers such as Adobe, Alibaba, Allergan, Amazon, Apple, AT&T, Autodesk, Bio-Techne, Bioverativ, Cadence, eBay, Facebook, F5 Networks, General Electric, Google, Home Depot, Invitae, Lilly, Microsoft, News Corp, Nokia, Oracle, Salesforce, Royal Dutch Shell, Telstra, VMware, Wal-Mart and Yahoo.
Likewise, prior to joining Gunderson, he represented publicly-traded companies such as Cisco Systems, Flextronics, Intuit, Sony, Square and Symantec in numerous purchases of both publicly-traded and privately-held companies as well as business combinations and divestitures.
Notable transactions include:
- WhatsApp’s acquisition by Facebook for more than $19 billion, the largest acquisition ever of a venture-backed company
- Flipkart’s acquisition by Wal-Mart for $16 billion, reported to be the most highly-valued e-commerce deal ever
- Symantec’s acquisition of Veritas Software for more than $13 billion
- Andrew has experience counseling boards of directors in regards to mergers and acquisitions and governance and anti-takeover matters. He also advises venture-capital firms and other investors in M&A transactions involving their portfolio companies.
Prior to joining the firm, Andrew was a partner at Fenwick & West.
- Stanford Law School, J.D.
- Order of the Coif
- University of Virginia, B.A., Economics
- Phi Beta Kappa
Andrew was selected for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America in the field of Mergers & Acquisitions from 2012 – 2019.