PitchBook Data Shows Gunderson #1 Law Firm Globally for the First Half of 2019
PitchBook data from the first two quarters of 2019 shows Gunderson is the #1 overall most active law firm for VC globally for the first half of the year. This result confirms Gunderson Dettmer’s continued market leadership in the venture capital marketplace and reinforces previous recognition as the most active law firm in the world in PitchBook’s 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018 annual industry reports.
Gunderson Dettmer was also the top-ranked firm in the following categories:
By VC Deal Location
- Most active Globally
- Most active in the United States
- Most active on the West Coast
- Most active in the Mid-Atlantic/New York
- Most active in New England
- Most active in the Great Lakes
By VC Deal Type
- Most active at Early Stage
- Most active at Late Stage
By VC Sector
- Most active in Software
- Most active in Commercial Services
- Most active in Consumer Goods & Recreation
- Most active in IT Hardware
- Most active in Media
PitchBook’s league tables are the industry’s most comprehensive and independent coverage of venture capital firm and service provider deal activity. This report provides the most complete information on rapidly changing trends in venture capital deal making.
Gunderson Dettmer is the only business law firm singularly focused on the global venture capital and emerging technology marketplaces. With more than 270 attorneys in nine offices worldwide, Gunderson promotes innovation, entrepreneurship and technology by representing investors and companies at every stage in the growth lifecycle.