Gunderson Dettmer Recognized by PitchBook as Most Active VC Law Firm in India and Southeast Asia for Q1 2022
Gunderson Dettmer continues to earn top rankings as the #1 VC Law Firm Globally in PitchBook’s Global Venture Capital League Tables. In addition, the PitchBook database confirms that Gunderson Dettmer handled more venture and growth equity transactions in India and Southeast Asia for the first quarter of 2022 than any other law firm in the world.
In the first three months of 2022, the 60 reported deals handled by Gunderson Dettmer in India and Southeast Asia included 60 companies, 334 investors, and $7.05 billion raised for the most promising companies in the region.
“The India and Southeast Asia venture ecosystems saw strong deal volumes in the first quarter of 2022, and we look forward to more growth ahead in the region. In addition, our Singapore team expanded with the addition of lawyers from top-tier law firms to support the growth of the ecosystems,” said Jonathan Pentzien, Managing Partner of the Singapore office.
Of particular note, among numerous early-stage and late-stage financings focused on India and Southeast Asia:
- Gunderson Dettmer represented Sequoia India and Tiger Global as they co-led the $250 million Series H financing of Chargebee, an India-based subscription management and recurring billing platform.
- Gunderson Dettmer represented Greenoaks Capital as it led the $210 million Series F financing of Zetwerk, an India-based B2B manufacturing startup.
- Gunderson Dettmer represented Ayoconnect in its $15 million Series B financing led by Tiger Global. Ayoconnect is Southeast Asia’s largest open finance platform.
- Gunderson Dettmer represented Cathay Innovation as investor in the $50 million Series B of AI Rudder, a Singapore-based AI voice automation software company.
- Gunderson Dettmer represented SaaS Labs, an India-based business automation platform, in its $42 million Series B financing led by Sequoia Capital India.