Mike is a partner in our Growth Equity Practice.
Mike has significant experience representing growth equity and private equity funds in equity financings, mergers, acquisitions and divestitures, among other strategic transactions. With many years of experience in domestic and cross-border investment transactions, he also understands the complexity and bespoke nature of innovative growth equity financings. While he has a well-rounded practice across a variety of industries, he has particular experience with investment in the financial technology, biotechnology and software industries.
Mike shared in his press release upon joining the firm, “It is exciting to join a firm with such an exemplary reputation in this ecosystem and a single-minded commitment to the same types of clients I am focused on. Gunderson Dettmer has always stayed one step ahead of the market and brings the right business-minded approach to supporting funds making complex growth equity investments around the world.”
His experience prior to joining Gunderson Dettmer includes:
- Represented a private equity fund in multiple acquisitions of leading companies in the consumer products and healthcare spaces.
- Represented a leading FinTech trading platform in its sale to an international private equity group.
- Represented the venture capital arm of an international private equity firm in investment transactions in emerging growth tech companies.
Mike joined the firm from Kirkland & Ellis where he was a partner in the San Francisco office. He also served as an officer in the US Navy.
- University of Michigan Law School, J.D.
- Naval Postgraduate School, M.A.
- Cornell University, B.A.
Michael was selected for inclusion in "Ones to Watch" by Best Lawyers in the area of Mergers and Acquisitions law (since 2021)