Katie is a partner in the Licensing, Strategic Partnering and Commercial Transactions group.
Katie specializes in corporate partnering, strategic alliances, privacy, technology protection, and licensing and commercialization of intellectual property and technology assets. Katie advises venture capitalists and companies on intellectual property, technology and privacy aspects of venture capital financings and merger and acquisition deals. Katie represents a wide variety of technology companies from consumer internet, consumer products, ad tech, health tech, financial technology, software and SaaS, media, and entertainment technology industries, as well as a number of leading venture capital firms.
Katie has represented start-up and emerging growth companies in negotiating major corporate partnering deals, strategic alliances, and licensing arrangements with many large U.S. and international companies, including Alibaba, Autodesk, Comcast, Google, eBay, Facebook, NBC, Nielsen, MasterCard, Microsoft, Oracle, PayPal, Pinterest, Samsung, Time Inc., Twitter, Verizon, Walmart, Yahoo, and Zynga.
Katie’s practice focuses on a broad array of technologies, including software, hardware, e-commerce, media, mobile and tablet applications. She assists clients with website, application, bot and internet of things terms and conditions and privacy policies, license agreements, support and maintenance agreements, SaaS offerings, promotion and marketing agreements, collaboration and development agreements, distribution agreements, reseller agreements, evaluation and beta testing agreements, and a variety of other in- and out-licensing deals and services arrangements.
Katie is a Certified Information Privacy Professional (CIPP), holding the U.S. private-sector privacy certification granted by the International Association of Privacy Professionals (IAPP), the global standard in privacy certification. The CIPP/US certification demonstrates strong foundation in U.S. private-sector privacy laws and regulations and understanding of the legal requirements for the responsible transfer of sensitive personal data to/from the U.S., the EU and other jurisdictions.
- Represented ShopKeep in its acquisition by Lightspeed
- Represented Playdots in its acquisition by Take-Two
- Represented BetterCloud in its $75 million Series F financing
- Represented GIPHY in its acquisition by Facebook
- Represented CrowdTwist in its acquisition by Oracle
- Represented Founders Fund as it led the $150 million Series D financing of Faire
- Represented Gigafund as it led the $9 million Series Seed financing of Luminous
- Represented Managed by Q in its acquisition by WeWork
- Represented Valor as it led the financing of BookingPal
- Represented Censys in its $2.6 million Series Seed financing
- Represented Andreessen Horowitz in the $300 million Series B financing of Devoted Health
- Represented Chain in its acquisition by Lightyear Corporation
- Represented Opcity in its $210 million acquisition by News Corp
- Represented Dragoneer in the $427 million Series H financing of Slack
- Represented Peloton in its $325 million Series E financing
- Represented Moat in its acquisition by Oracle
- Represented Clarifai in its $20 million Series B financing
- Represented Complex Media in its acquisition by Verizon Wireless and Hearst
- Represented Recombine in its acquisition by CooperSurgical
- Represented TapAd in its acquisition by Telenor
- Represented eXelate in its acquisition by Nielsen
- Fordham University School of Law, J.D.
- magna cum laude
- Order of the Coif
- Fordham Law Review
- Dartmouth College, B.A., Psychology