Jon is the managing and founding partner of our Singapore office.
Jon is the managing and founding partner of Gunderson Dettmer’s Singapore office. Previously based in the firm’s New York office, Jon has extensive experience advising global emerging growth technology companies throughout their lifecycle as well as acting for venture and growth equity investors on some of the largest financing rounds and M&A transactions in India and Southeast Asia.
Jon is recognized as a Leading Individual for Start-Up and Venture Capital by The Legal 500 Asia-Pacific 2023, a Band 1 Leading Individual for Startups & Emerging Companies by Chambers Asia-Pacific since 2021, and named to India Business Law Journal’s A-List since 2020.
With over15 years of experience, Jon has advised on numerous private and public cross-border transactions in India, Singapore, Indonesia, Vietnam, Korea, China, Middle East/North Africa, Europe, Australia, and the United States, including private securities offerings, mergers and acquisitions, and U.S.-listed initial public offerings of foreign private issuers and domestic issuers. He also advises his clients on matters of corporate governance, public disclosure, and executive compensation.
Jon serves as outside counsel to some of the fastest growing technology companies, including acting on behalf of:
- Flipkart on numerous financing transactions and its $16 billion acquisition by Walmart;
- Souq on numerous financing transactions and its $580 million acquisition by Amazon;
- 2C2P on its growth-stage equity financing;
- Yellow.ai on its Series A, Series B and Series C financings;
- FreshToHome in one of India’s largest Series C financing transactions for an e-commerce company;
- OkCredit on its Series A and Series B financings;
- HealthifyMe on its Series C financing;
- ErudiFi on its Series A financing; and
- Super on its Series B financing.
Jon also acts as counsel to venture capital and growth equity investors globally, including:
- Tiger Global in numerous transactions across the U.S., India and Southeast Asia;
- Prosus Ventures on its growth-stage investments in Pharmeasy and Swiggy;
- Lightspeed India in a number of early and growth-stage investments and exits across India and SE Asia;
- Sequoia Capital India as the lead investor in equity financings by Razorpay as well as investments in Bikayi, Fampay and Momos;
- Asia Partners as the lead investor in equity financings by Carsome, Doctor Anywhere, Gudangada, RedDoorz and SCI E-commerce;
- Cathay Innovation on its investments in Axinan, FinAccel and LeadIQ; and
- Monk’s Hill Ventures in numerous early stage financings across SE Asia.
A Notre Dame graduate, Jon served as an officer in the United States Navy before receiving his J.D. from Rutgers Law School with Highest Honors, after which he served as a law clerk to the Honorable Chester J. Straub of the United States Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit and the Honorable Joseph E. Irenas of the United States District Court for the District of New Jersey.
Prior to joining Gunderson Dettmer, Jon practiced with Davis Polk & Wardwell in New York.
- Rutgers Law School, J.D.
- Marshall-Brennan Fellow; Law Review
- Highest Honors
- University of Notre Dame, B.S., Civil Engineering
- cum laude
U.S. District Court of New Jersey
U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit
Lieutenant, United States Navy