Romica is an executive compensation partner in our New York office.
Romica's practice focuses on all aspects of executive compensation and benefits. She regularly counsels public and private companies on the design of various compensation and benefit arrangements, including equity and cash incentive programs, and assists companies in navigating tax laws unique to executive compensation. She also advises companies on the recruitment of senior executives, and is experienced in negotiating executive employment, retention, change-in-control and separation agreements.
Romica has extensive experience handling compensation and benefits matters arising in the context of mergers, acquisitions, spin-offs, initial public offerings, restructurings and other corporate transactions. She has worked on a number of notable cross-border and domestic transactions across various industries. Her practice also includes advising clients on securities laws and corporate governance matters related to executive compensation.
Prior to joining Gunderson, Romica was a Senior Attorney at Cravath, Swaine & Moore LLP and an associate at Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton & Garrison LLP. She was named a New York Metro "Rising Star" in Employee Benefits by Super Lawyers in 2018 and 2019.
Notable matters include advising:
- Occidental Petroleum in its $57 billion acquisition of Anadarko, topping Anadarko’s original agreement with Chevron, and the $8.8 billion sale of Anadarko’s African assets to Total*
- The Linde Group in its $70 billion merger of equals with Praxair*
- Quibi in its sale to Roku*
- Univision in its sale of a majority stake to Searchlight Capital and ForgeLight*
- IBM in various acquisitions and divestitures, including its acquisitions of Truven Health Analytics and Promontory*
- Warner Music Group in its $3.3 billion going private sale to Access Industries*
- RSC Holdings in its $4.2 billion merger with United Rentals*
- Zagat Survey in its sale to Google*
- MediaAlpha, Schneider National, Intelsat S.A. and other issuers in their respective IPOs*
- Numerous private equity firms, including Apollo Global Management, General Atlantic Partners, KPS Capital Partners, Lindsay Goldberg, Oak Hill Capital Partners and Soros Fund Management, in various acquisitions, dispositions and other corporate transactions*
*The above matters were handled by Romica prior to joining Gunderson.
- Vanderbilt University, J.D.
- University of Michigan - Honors College, B.A.
- with distinction
- New York