Gunderson Dettmer Tops PitchBook’s Q2 2018 Ranking for Most Active Venture Capital Law Firm Globally
With 212 venture deals to its credit in Q2 2018, Gunderson Dettmer is again ranked “most active law firm globally” in PitchBook’s Global Venture Capital League Tables.
Gunderson Dettmer was also the top-ranked firm in the following categories:
- Most active in the US (175 deals)
- Most active on the West Coast (103 deals)
- Most active at Early Stage (96 deals)
- Most active at Late Stage (83 deals)
- Most active in Software (118 deals)
- Most active in Commercial Services (16 deals)
- Most active in Healthcare Systems & Services (12 deals)
- Most active in IT Hardware (6 deals)
- Most active in Consumer Goods & Recreation (6 deals)
This quarterly result reflects Gunderson Dettmer’s continued market leadership in the venture capital marketplace and reinforces previous recognition as “the most active law firm in the world” in PitchBook’s 2014, 2015, 2016, and 2017 annual industry reports.
The full quarterly report is available here.
PitchBook’s league tables are the industry’s most comprehensive and independent coverage of venture capital firm and service provider deal activity. These quarterly reports provides the most complete and timely information on rapidly changing trends in venture capital deal making.
Gunderson Dettmer is the only business law firm singularly focused on the global venture capital and emerging technology marketplaces. With more than 240 attorneys in nine offices worldwide, Gunderson promotes innovation, entrepreneurship and technology by representing investors and companies at every stage in the growth lifecycle.