Gunderson Dettmer Named PitchBook’s Most Active Venture Law Firm Globally for the Fifth Year in a Row
With 885 venture deals to its credit in 2018, Gunderson Dettmer is again ranked “most active law firm globally” in PitchBook’s Global Venture Capital League Tables. This result reflects Gunderson Dettmer’s continued market leadership in the venture capital marketplace and reinforces previous recognition as the most active law firm in the world in PitchBook’s 2014, 2015, 2016, and 2017 annual industry reports.
Gunderson Dettmer was also the top-ranked firm in the following categories:
By VC Deal Location
- Most active on the West Coast (415 deals)
- Most active in the Rest of the World (beyond US and Europe) (101 deals)
- Most active in New England (75 deals)
- Most active in the Great Lakes (30 deals)
By VC Deal Type
- Most active at Early Stage (403 deals)
- Most active at Late Stage (334 deals)
By VC Sector
- Most active in Software (475 deals)
- Most active in Commercial Services (58 deals)
- Most active in Consumer Goods & Recreation (34 deals)
- Most active in IT Hardware (22 deals)
- Most active in Media (18 deals)
PitchBook’s league tables are the industry’s most comprehensive and independent coverage of venture capital firm and service provider deal activity. This annual report provides the most complete information on rapidly changing trends in venture capital deal making.
Gunderson Dettmer is the only business law firm singularly focused on the global venture capital and emerging technology marketplaces. With more than 250 attorneys in nine offices worldwide, Gunderson promotes innovation, entrepreneurship and technology by representing investors and companies at every stage in the growth lifecycle.