Melissa is an associate in the Strategic Transactions and Licensing group.
Melissa specializes in technology and data-driven transactions, strategic alliances, technology protection, and licensing and commercialization of intellectual property and technology assets. She represents a diverse portfolio of technology and venture-backed companies in industries such as enterprise software/SaaS, social media, AI, cybersecurity, e-commerce, health care, payments technology, technical hardware, data analytics, consumer products, mobile applications, life sciences and biotechnology.
Melissa regularly negotiates commercial and corporate transactions and provides technology-focused product counseling on issues such as data privacy, data security and open source software. She also advises venture capitalists and companies on intellectual property and technology aspects of venture capital financings as well as merger and acquisition activities.
Melissa regularly assists clients with a wide variety of commercial in- and out-licensing deals and services arrangements, including:
- Intellectual property and confidentiality agreements
- Reseller and referral agreements
- Manufacturing, distribution and supplier agreements
- Website and application terms and conditions and privacy policies
- End user license agreements
- Support and maintenance agreements
- Promotion and marketing agreements
- Collaboration and development agreements
- Evaluation and beta testing agreements
Melissa is from the Washington, DC area and spent the beginning of her career in NYC and the Bay area. She now lives in Austin with her husband and two sons.
- New York University School of Law, J.D.
- Cornell University, B.A., Psychology
Melissa is a Certified Information Privacy Professional, holding the U.S. private-sector certification (CIPP/US).