Jolyn is a corporate associate based in our Singapore office.
Jolyn represents both investors and emerging growth companies on corporate transactions at all stages of a company’s life cycle from conception to exit with a geographical focus on Asia, in particular India and South East Asia.
She has advised investors and companies on several of the region’s biggest venture capital and growth equity deals, including:
- Lightspeed’s and Sequoia’s partial exit from OYO through a US$2 billion primary and secondary investment by OYO founder and CEO Ritesh Agarwal, one of the biggest venture capital exits in India
- Coupang’s US$2 billion Class J financing led by SoftBank Vision Fund
- Swiggy’s US$1 billion Series H financing led by Naspers
- Zilingo’s US$226 million Series D financing led by Sequoia and Temasek
- Sharechat’s US$100 million Series D financing led by Twitter
- Naspers’ US$70 million acquisition of Wibmo
- Tiger Global Management’s numerous investments into and exits from Indian companies, including unicorns such as Delhivery and PolicyBazaar
Prior to joining Gunderson Dettmer, Jolyn trained and practiced at another top international firm, where she advised clients on cross-border M&A, financings, reorganizations and joint ventures, with a particular focus on M&A, private equity and venture capital transactions.
Jolyn read law at the National University of Singapore on a NUS Undergraduate Scholarship and graduated on the Overall Dean’s List. She also spent a semester at Northwestern Law and a summer with NYU School of Law. While at law school, with a keen interest in contract law, corporate and financial law and comparative law, she was actively involved in academic research in these areas. One of her academic papers was subsequently published in the Journal of Air Law & Commerce in 2014.
Jolyn is effectively trilingual, being fluent in English, Mandarin Chinese and Korean, and is admitted to practice law in California and Singapore.
- National University of Singapore, LL.B. (Hons)
- NUS Undergraduate Scholar
- Overall Dean's List