Growth equity financings are an increasingly important source of capital as companies choose to remain private longer. Further, a late-stage financing may be the right choice to bolster a company’s financials in advance of an IPO.
Leading Global Practice. Gunderson Dettmer has unmatched experience with late-stage financings. We have closed more than 1,250 late-stage financings since 2015, raising more than $75B. Gunderson Dettmer corporate lawyers negotiate hundreds of deals every quarter across a variety of sectors, enabling us to maintain up-to-the minute awareness of market trends and terms and structures.
Inventive and Practical Approach. Although every deal is unique, our market knowledge and extensive experience helps us tailor growth-stage financing structures to a client’s long-term aspirations.
- Growth – We help clients explore important considerations and understand their impacts, including:
- What is the right amount to raise?
- Which investors should we approach?
- Would a late-stage round be an opportunity to provide some liquidity to long-time employees ahead of the IPO lock-up period?
- With the long-running bull market, does it make sense to raise additional cash ahead of any prolonged bear market?
- What is the impact on a 409A valuation?
- Will a financing distract management and potentially cause a delay in IPO plans?
- Global – We have extensive experience structuring and negotiating cross border investments at all stages and are intimately familiar with the tax, regulatory and comparative law aspects of these transactions. With our global footprint, we have the experience and reach to support you wherever investment opportunities are available.
each of the past three years
"Gunderson's relationships with VCs/investors who are on the board is a huge benefit. They don't just have a seat at the table—their judgment, knowledge and relationships make life for a founder or a GC much easier."