Emily is an associate in the Licensing, Strategic Partnering and Commercial Transactions group.
Emily specializes in advising public and private clients on a variety of intellectual property, technology, privacy and commercial issues in connection with mergers, acquisitions, financings, joint ventures and other complex transactions. She has worked with both start-ups and late-stage companies from a wide range of industries, including software, media, financial services, life sciences, e-commerce, and educational technology. She is a Certified Information Privacy Professional (CIPP), holding the U.S. private-sector privacy certification granted by the International Association of Privacy Professionals.
Emily serves on the Gunderson Dettmer Women's Affinity Group Leadership Committee. Emily received her J.D. from Columbia Law School in 2012, where she was a Harlan Fiske Stone Scholar and the Executive Director of the Moot Court program. Prior to attending law school, Emily was a Teach for America corps member. She graduated from Northwestern University in 2007.
- Represented Coupa Software in its $1.5 billion acquisition of LLamasoft
- Represented Chargepoint in its SPAC transaction with Switchback Energy Acquisition Corporation
- Represented Velodyne Lidar in its SPAC transaction with Graf Industrial
- Advised Demandbase in its acquisition of Engagio, an account-based marketing platform
- Represented Giphy, an animated gif search engine, in its $400 million sale to Facebook
- Advised Flywire Corporation in its acquisition of Simplee, a healthcare technology platform
- Represented Kofile Technologies, a government IT provider, in its sale to Audax Private Equity
- Represented Azul Systems, a Java software vendor, in its $340 million strategic transaction with Vitruvian Partners
- Advised Vox Media in its acquisition of New York Magazine and its acquisition of Epic Magazine, a magazine and digital content provider
- Represented Semmle, a software engineering analytics company, in its sale to Github
- Represented HotelTonight, Inc., an online hotel reservation platform, in its sale to Airbnb, Inc.
- Represented Flipkart Online Services, India’s largest e-commerce platform, in its $16 billion sale to Walmart Inc. and its acquisition of eBay India technology assets
- Represented Booker Software, a reservation management company, in its sale to MINDBODY
- Represented Trello, a project management platform, in its sale to Atlassian
- Represented Souq.com, a Middle Eastern e-commerce platform, in its $600 million sale to Amazon
- Columbia Law School, J.D.
- Northwestern University, B.A., History