David is a corporate and securities associate in our Singapore office.
David works closely with venture and growth equity investors, startups and technology companies on a variety of matters, including cross-border equity and debt financings, mergers and acquisitions, corporate restructurings, and corporate governance. He has advised on hundreds of venture-backed deals and has led negotiations involving parties based in the U.S., India, China, Middle East, Africa and Southeast Asia.
David serves as outside counsel to a number of emerging technology companies, including acting on behalf of:
- Khatabook on its Series A and Series B financings and its strategic acquisition of Biz Analyst;
- Yellow Messenger on its Series B financing;
- OkCredit on its Series A and Series B financings;
- Fabelio on its Series C financing;
- ErudiFi on its Series A financing;
- Fast Group as lead investor in the Series B financing in Great Deals E-Commerce; and
- Jabberwock on its Series B financing.
David also regularly acts as counsel to venture capital and growth equity investors all over the world, including:
- Tiger Global in numerous transactions in the U.S., India and Southeast Asia;
- Lightspeed India in its investments into India and the U.S., including as the lead investor in Udaan’s $585 million Series D financing and subsequent $280 million Series D-1 financing;
- Lightspeed Venture Partners and Lightspeed Opportunity Fund in their investments into companies in China, India and Southeast Asia;
- Asia Partners as the lead investor in equity financings by RedDoorz, Carsome and SCI E-Commerce;
- Monk’s Hill Ventures as the lead investor in equity financings by Saleswhale, UI-licious and Glints;
- Sequoia India as the lead investor in equity financings by Razorpay and Apna.co;
- Greenoaks Capital, Prosus Ventures, Addition, Valar Ventures, Rocketship, Wavemaker, Spark Capital, SIG and other funds leading investments into technology and life sciences companies worldwide.
Previously, David practiced in the Silicon Valley office of Fenwick & West and the New York office of Davis Polk & Wardwell. David received his J.D. from Columbia Law School, where he served as the Chief Articles Editor of the Columbia Business Law Review. He received his B.S. in Applied Economics and Management from Cornell University.
David has passed the Level I examination of the Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) program. He is a fluent Mandarin speaker and is a member of the State Bars of California and New York.
- Columbia Law School, J.D.
- Cornell University, B.S., Applied Economics and Management