Brittany is an associate in the Licensing, Strategic Partnering and Commercial Transactions group.
Brittany M. Nicely brings strategic thinking and efficient problem-solving skills to our Licensing, Strategic Partnering and Commercial Transactions group. She structures and negotiates commercial contracts regarding the licensing, development and commercialization of intellectual property and technology assets, including development agreements, licensing agreements, collaboration agreements, pre-clinical and clinical arrangements, supply agreements, and manufacturing and distribution agreements. She represents start-up/emerging growth companies in commercial transactions with many large U.S. and international companies, including Amgen, Facebook, Janssen Biotech, and Novartis.
Brittany advises clients on rapidly-evolving data privacy regulations, laws and best practices. She helps clients navigate a broad range of complex technology transactional matters, including issues arising from mergers and acquisitions and venture capital investments.
Brittany currently serves as a member of the Internal Development Committee of the firm’s People of Color Affinity Group.
Prior to joining Gunderson Dettmer, Brittany was an M&A associate in the Silicon Valley office of Hogan Lovells US LLP.
- Represented TScan Therapeutics in its research license and option agreement with QIAGEN
- Represented Xencor in its research collaboration and license agreement with Janssen Biotech
- Represented Tarsus Pharmaceuticals on its initial public offering
- Represented Section 32 in the Series B financing of Glympse Bio
- Represented Amgen in connection with the launch of AmMax Bio, in partnership with LifeMax Laboratories
- Represented TScan Therapeutics in its licensing and collaboration agreement with Novartis
- Represented Popout in its $30 million Series C financing
- Represented Factual in its merger with Foursquare Labs
- Represented Vensana Capital in the $25 million Series C financing of GPB Scientific
- Represented Instart Logic in its asset purchase transaction by Akamai Technologies
- Represented Resolution Economies Group in its acquisition by Levine Leichtman Capital
- Represented Vivun in its $3 million Series Seed financing
- Represented Cloud Conformity in its acquisition by Trend Micro
- Represented Frontier Water Systems in its acquisition by Evoqua Water Technologies
- Represented Questa Capital Partners in the $12 million Series B financing of Kalera Medical
- Represented Flexport in its acquisition of Crux Systems
- Represented POPSUGAR in its acquisition by Group Nine Media
- Represented Vox Media in its acquisition of New York Media
- Represented New Enterprise Associates (NEA) in the $125 million Series D financing of Banjo
- University of Michigan Law School, J.D.
- University of California, Los Angeles, B.A., Political Science
- cum laude
- Phi Beta Kappa