"I’m driven to be a trusted advisor in my client’s success—however they may define it."
Brian’s business law practice is focused on representing emerging growth companies (startups) throughout their lifecycles and representing venture capital and private equity investment funds. He is broadly experienced across many sectors and industries in business and corporate formation and governance, deal structuring, equity and debt financing, public offerings, a variety of M&A transactions, strategic, partnering and commercial transactions, and fundamental IP, employment, and stock and option matters.
Brian is also one of the few attorneys who combine a dynamic emerging company practice with representation of venture capital and investment funds. He advises funds of different sizes and focus on their investments, business activities, and portfolio company management. He also advises on fund and special purpose investment vehicle formation and general fund operational and administration matters.
Brian delivers on being a key partner and adviser to his clients, taking a pragmatic and business oriented approach to addressing and solving his client’s needs from the complex to the routine.
- Santa Clara University School of Law, J.D.
- Santa Clara University-Leavey School of Business, M.B.A.
- Emory University, B.A., English/History and Sociology
- Recognized in the Legal 500 United States for his work with venture capital firms and emerging growth companies.
- Brian has been a featured speaker in a number of engagements on start-up and venture capital law and business, including Berkeley Center for Law & Technology, Emergence Capital Industry Cloud Forum, the Practising Law Institute and Stanford GSB.